Friday, September 11, 2009

Saying 'NO'

What's wrong with saying NO? Is it cruel for us to say NO to someone who asks for our help which we ourselves could not afford to do it?

A few days ago, a friend of mine called me up to ask for my favor in helping out with some charity event. I couldn't managed to attend the event due to several reasons:
  1. the timing is not very convenient - it's weekdays and after the office hour
  2. have less interest in going
  3. feel like being used up by the company who organized the event
Initially, I didn't confirmed with her yet coz I was still considering of going to the event. Yesterday was the day. That morning, my friend called to reconfirmed. Because I really was half-hearted to go, I unassertively said no and gave my very un-concrete reasons. She couldn't seem to accept my reason but yeah, finally she accepted it. I know I know it's for charity, but I dunno - I just don't feel like going.
The point here is 'Is it wrong to say NO?'. Usually, we say YES because we hope to please the other party. But what if we can't even do it? We might ruined what we are supposed to do and will let the other party feels dissatisfied with and the end result will go back to us where we will feel guilty. (Ouh, I hate that feeling!)
Anyway, a short article in this link will give you some guidelines for me and for you on how to say NO respectfully --> How To Say NO

x fairy x

No comments:

Post a Comment